Please register for the event online here.
Synthetic biology promises to revolutionize many industries and improve the lives of people around the world. But, in order to make this promise a reality, synthetic biology needs to be commercialized. Around the world, synthetic biologists are being entrepreneurial and creating successful ventures that commercialize their research.
In this online event, co-organized by SINERGY and Synthetic Biology Australasia, we will host two panel discussions with entrepreneurs and founders from Australia and Singapore. The panellists will recount their experience in founding or investing in synthetic biology start-ups, the challenges they faced, and their insights on how we can make innovation easier.
10.00am SGT/12.00pm: Welcome by SINERGY and Synthetic Biology Australasia
10.10am-11.00am SGT/12.10pm-1.00pm AEST: Startup Founder panel
- Alvin Ng, ESCO Aster
- Ling Ka Yi, Shiok Meats
- Anna El Tahchy, Nourish Ingredients
- Gustavo De Cerqueira, Cluster Biotechnology
- Anna Tao, CSIRO (Moderator)
11.00am-12.00pm SGT/1.00pm-2.00pm AEST: Investors panel
- Alice Chen, Accelerator Life Science Partners
- Chong Yoke Sin, iGlobe Partners
- Phil Morle, Main Sequence Ventures
- David Toh, NTUitive (Moderator)