Research Fellow in Enzyme Engineering / Synthetic Biology (EcoCTs)
A Post-Doctoral position in enzyme engineering/synthetic biology is available within EcoCTs, a [email protected] Intra-CREATE project between the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) and A*STAR – Singapore Institute of Food and Biotechnology Innovation (SIFBI) platform, and SynCTI-NUS in Singapore.
The successful candidate will be a key member of an ambitious research project at the forefront of the Synthetic Biology field, funded by the National Research Foundation (NRF) within the frame of [email protected] that associates Toulouse Biotechnology Institute (INSA, CNRS, INRAE) in France and A*STAR-SIFBI, and SynCTI-NUS in Singapore. Within this project, we aim to address knowledge-based bottlenecks along the value chain from Engineering Biology to Industrial Biotechnology. The goal is to develop a platform workflow that integrates enzyme design, pathway and cell engineering for maximising performance in bioreactors that would be applicable to any new bio-production in line with sustainable circular-bioeconomy. This challenge will be addressed in 3 workpackages:
1/- Enzyme optimization and spatial disposition for pathway design,
2/- Development of new experimental and computational methods for Pathway Design and optimization,
3/- Development of integrated experimental and computational methods for bioprocess optimization.
Candidates are required to have:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biochemical engineering or related field.
- Experience with enzyme engineering and enzyme library construction
- Expertise with HT screening, assay design and development and trouble shooting
- Experience in structural biology and molecular modelling/computational enzyme design would be a plus
- Preferred experience with protein production, purification, characterization and crystallization knowledge
- Preferred experience with metabolic engineering/synthetic biology background
- Strong communication and organizational skills and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.
- Good English skills are required.
For more information on the position and how to apply, visit [email protected].